The Letter M
- One Monkey Too Many – Jackie French Koller
- The Post Office Book: Mail and How It Moves – Gail Gibbons
- The Mitten – Jan Brett
- Milk: From Cow to Carton - Aliki
Here's the letter Wall for Letter M, and what we did for Letter M lapbook and activities :
- Three Blind Mice rhyme sequencing
- Little Miss Muffet sequencing cards
5. More dramatic play – we 'spring-cleaned' his room and he mopped the floor.
6. We tried the Magic Milk experiment, it was intriguing to see the colours swirl together in the dish of milk.
Here's how to create Magic Milk :
- A clean deep plate
- Milk (use whole cream milk)
- Food colouring- as many cool colours
- Some dish detergent
- A cotton swab / eye droppers
The experiment :
- Pour the milk into the plate. Make sure it covers the entire plate, and that the plate is clean and dry before you use it.
- Place a few drops of food colouring around the milk in different spots.
- Dip the cotton swab in dish detergent or you can use the eye droppers
- Add the detergent to different places on the plate; where you drop the colouring. You don't have to stir or move the swab at all, just sit back and watch the magic.
What will happen:
The food colouring will start to swirl and move in different directions, and the once-white milk will become a magnificent, colourful artwork!
Watch this video of the experiment, or you can read to find out why this happens.
Have fun trying out all these activities for Letter M!
myplayschool.net is developing a comprehensive Alphabet curriculum that will soon be available on our site. The alphabet downloadables will include printable Lapbook elements, a booklist of suitable books to accompany each letter lesson, printables for pre-writing activities, list of songs and rhymes, alphabet craft, math and language file-folder activities and lots of kinesthetic activities to accompany each alphabet lesson. Do return to this space for updates.
You might also like